STEMCELL Technologies Inc.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 800 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Currently, we have several openings for Technical Sales Representatives covering the following territories:
Technical Sales Representative, Cell Separation Products:
Technical Sales Representative, Cell Culture Products:
Eastern Pennsylvania/New Jersey
Cleveland, OH or Ann Arbor, MI
San Diego, CA
The Technical Sales Representative’s primary responsibility is to manage the existing relationship of STEMCELL Technologies as well as to generate revenue in the territory by identifying potential customers, introducing them to our products and working with them by providing technical support and customer service so as to ensure that they purchase products and become “happy customers”. The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for ensuring that the target revenue for the territory is achieved.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and propose bi-annual business plans for the territory, focusing on quarterly and annual sales objectives in accordance with overall Sales and Marketing plans
- Develop and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers within the territory.
- Locate new potential customers via prospecting, cold calling and setting up appointments with key decision makers.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals generated by Inside Sales or through marketing activities.
- Prepare price quotations, discounts and custom requests at the customers’ request.
- Attend conferences, trade shows and seminars as required.
- Develop and maintain deep product knowledge so as to be able to sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients on solutions that best meet their research needs.
- Provide exceptional customer service and technical support.
- Liaise with Technical Support staff regarding difficult customer queries.
- Document all communications and customer interactions in CRM (SFDC).
- Provide feedback from the field to Sales Management about market dynamics, product performance, competition and market potential.
- Prepare proposals to respond to requests for custom orders.
- MSc or PhD in Hematology, Immunology, Molecular Biology or an allied science is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Sales experience is an asset.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please apply here.